Thursday, September 17, 2009

Children at play. News & Record editor's juvenile antics

The (Greensboro, NC) News & Record added a note to a letter to the editor today saying "The News & Record opposes the state Education Lottery."

The News & Record's web site lists several people as on the editorial staff who are, in fact, no longer with the N&R including Becky Layton, Elma Sabo and Dennis Shelton. Clearly the editorial staff listing online is not up to date. So I emailed the editorial page editor Allen Johnson. Here is the exchange, each message copied in its entirety*.
Hi Allen,

Can you tell me who are the individuals that formed that opinion on behalf of the News & Record?

Yours,
Roch 
Allen replied:
Yes, they are listed every day on the top of the editorial page.
I responded.:
I did not ask you where they are listed. Will you tell me, please, who they are.
He wrote back:
They are on the page. I don't have time to do your reporting for you, Roch.
Seriously? What's next? "I know you are but what am I?" "Your mama?"

Geez.

[* My first message had the subject line "The News & Record opposes the state Education Lottery."]

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is incredible. He should be fired.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...