I ordered a 3' x 6' laminated counter top from Lowe's in mid August. I was told it would arrive on August 31. On September 2nd, having not heard anything, I called Lowes and was told it had been backordered and would be delivered to the store on September 16. Today I got a call. It has been back ordered again and may arrive next week.
The Lowe's vendor making this coutnertop is Web-Don out of Winston-Salem.
Be advised: Thumbs down.
I guess it's that time of year again where blowes and home cheapo are fighting for the "gives the least amount of crap" award. Have they offered even a coupon? Discount? Not that it makes up for a late piece, while you are, presumably, in the middle of a home project or a job that your livelihood depends on. Good luck getting any kind of satisfaction from these folks.
ReplyDelete--Brandon Burgess
I really like the "front line" people at Lowe's. The guy in the cabinetry department spent a lot of time with me helping me to figure out how to make what it is I am trying to make. He went far beyond just taking my order. He educated me.
ReplyDeleteA system and a vendor that allow this to happen though, while not unheard of, are below the standards of the people "on the floor," at Lowe's.
And, no, we haven't been offered any kind of compensation or adjustment for the delays.
A lot of those front line people are out of work professionals in painting, cabinetry, plumbing, etc...So yes, they are pretty helpful.
ReplyDelete--Brandon Burgess