Because of its premise, my favorite question was this one:
#9. Public funding needs exceed the city's available resources. Which of the following options would you support as a way to finance public budge items?The question about how the city can continue to support Action Greensboro was a good one too.
The completed surveys are available here. Click on a district (at-large, district 1, etc) and the individual survey results are available beneath each candidate.
Actually, the questions appear to be well thought-out and well-written and not terribly loaded (somewhat loaded) and I appreciate candidates' saying so when they saw them (see Joel Landeau's response that he disagrees with the premise of a question). I learned something about what candidates know and what they admit they don't and economic development, which is so important (we all want more jobs here, don't we?) is the focus of the organization sending out the questionnaire.
ReplyDeleteSo comparative to other surveys I've seen sent out that also reflect the writers' prejudices and interests, I think they're good instruments that help me decide which candidate more closely resembles my take on things and hence, who I might vote for.
I think these need to be more easily accessible and I appreciate your linking to them.
From SAG's reponse:
ReplyDelete5.
How do you plan to support continued business development in Greensboro? Absolutely. It is our most pressing issue in becoming the city we would like to be.
Pathetic.
Sue, yes, a little loaded, still, I found them quite illuminating, which is why I linked to them, which I am glad pleased you.
ReplyDelete