Saturday, February 13, 2010

You gotta vote, lady

The (Greensboro, NC) News & Record has a letter today from Alesia May expressing her anger at the president and the government because her employed adult daughter cannot get adequate health care. Maybe voting in more than two elections since 1993 might help.

Registration Date: 02/12/1993
Voting History:

05/06/2008 PRIMARY05/06/2008IN PERSON
11/02/2004 GENERAL11/02/2004ABSENTEE

5 comments:

  1. This may not be accurate Roch, I have voted in many elections since 1993 and my data only shows one election in my current county. None of my Guilford votes from 2000-2006 show up nor the other counties I resided in before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's from the state board of elections. But even if a move causes previous data to not be included, as you suggest, voting in one just one general election and just one primary in the past six years is pretty spotty too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some years ago someone looked me up and asked why I hadn't voted in the 2000 Presidential election, the first for which I was eligible.

    I said I had.

    Not according to the Board of Elections, they said.

    I checked and was shocked to realize they were right. Though I remembered voting and even had pictures of myself giving a big thumbs-up sign outside the polling place after having done it, I obviously hadn't. Because it said I hadn't on the Internet.

    I don't know what the explanation for that was, but I thought it was pretty hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having now checked what the BOE shows as my voting history, I'll concede this: Their records do not go back to the beginning of a voter's history. It does appear, in my case at least, that their records do show every election in which one voted for the period shown.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...