Monday, February 22, 2010

Planning your yard and garden

I went a Googlin' for some information to help me decide what to attempt to grow in a vegetable garden this year and found a great resource from NC State's North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service. I found a planting guide for vegetables that includes recommended varieties, planting dates and conditions for the Piedmont region. The web site has other quick guides for everything from fruit trees, to lawns, to flowers and more. Great resources for the hopeful gardener.

3 comments:

  1. If you find a good place to purchase your seeds/plants, please pass this on to your readers. We have had difficulty in the past few years getting seeds that germinate properly and we have even gotten seeds that were not identified correctly. We have tried three different locations and have had problems with all of them.

    I agree, this is an excellent guide to planting.

    Betty Almond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty,

    Although I was very pleased with the flowers we got from Lowe's last year, the tomatoes we disappointing. I have not tried them yet, but a neighbor recommended Southern States. There is one on S. Elm St and one on Lake Brandt Road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Roch, since we have not tried them, we will give it a shot this year. I guess you just keep trying until you find a place that you can depend on for good seeds and plants.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...