Thursday, February 25, 2010

Brad & Britt ignoring the Google initiative?

[Update: Brad Krantz says the lack of mention was just an oversight.]

I listen to about 20 minutes of radio in the car nearly every weekday morning. Sometimes I'll take the long way to listen a little longer if something has my attention. Usually I'm listening to Brad Krantz and Britt Whitmire on FM Talk 101.1 WZTK.

Lately, however, I've been popping in on Bill Flynn and Pam Furr on WPTI Rush Radio 94.5. The partisan angle of the station is sure to keep me from being a fan, but I'm an open-minded guy: I'll listen to Rush from time to time for opposition research, plus I am interested to see how this shapes up as a media battle between the two morning shows. Bill and Pam have been more palatable than I expected and their discussion of the Google initiative caught my attention -- especially compared to Brad & Britt's silence on it.

Bill and Pam discussed Greensboro's attempts to lure Google's ultra high speed internet to town with callers yesterday morning. I did not hear anything from Brad and Britt. This morning, Bill and Pam were talking about it again. It was also covered in their news. I did not hear anything from Brad and Britt; or in their news on WZTK. I did hear a commercial for Time Warner Cable's internet access.

4 comments:

  1. So, you listened to their entire four hour show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. About thirty minutes--enough to catch two newscasts. Did I miss them talking about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, but you made it seem like they are ignoring it... so I was curious if you listened to the entire show.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...