I don't know who this joker is, but if he wants to make public his complaints about snow getting cleared for the opening of the "stupid museum," as he calls it, and not his suburban street, then I think we should all take a good look.
[Update: Thecrashguy, the original publisher of this video, subsequently made it "private." I have replaced it with an archived copy, unedited from the original.]
A true joker. The guy says he knows all of the main roads are clear, and he understands that a new museum is opening. I've heard a few people bring this up but I'm wondering how much of the cities resources have really been diverted to downtown if all of the main roads are clear.
ReplyDeleteThe city has 600 miles of roads that it clears during snow and ice storms. Those DO NOT include neighborhood roads. If this guy's street isn't on the list of first or secondary roads -- check out the city's interactive map to be sure -- then the city wouldn't have clear it anyhow.
ReplyDeleteThat said, I'm sure did an extra good job clearing downtown -- apparently at a cost of nearly 20K.
Thanks for the comment, Amanda. Some neighborhood roads are on the City's priority 2 plowing list. I do not know under what circumstances those get plowed though. We live on one. It was plowed during the last snow, but not this one -- yet. The map is here.
ReplyDeleteBeing a non-driver, a more important issue for me is bus stop accessibility.
ReplyDeleteI had to stand in the middle of E. Cone so the bus would know to stop and it was a pain exiting the bus in front of the Central Library.
I may just invest in some snow shovels and see if I can't get some folks from the neighborhood to help clear snow/ice around the bus stops.
City can't do it all ;)
Thanks for the head's up, David. Rectified.
ReplyDelete