When I added the new events calendar to Greensboro 101, I sent emails to the various clubs, organizations and venues in town inviting them to add their events to the Greensboro 101 calendar. One of the most enthusiastic responses has been from that storied Greensboro institution, The Blind Tiger. Melodi is now regularly adding nice detailed descriptions of the acts performing there. She is also utilizing the "Send a Press Release" feature that forwards the event information by email to sixteen local media outlets.
The Greensboro 101 calendar will show you all of the events around town or filter by category or by venue. The Blind Tiger's events are here. I haven't been to the Blind Tiger since they moved, but I really enjoyed Cowboy Mouth when I saw them back in the day at Ziggy's. They are coming to the Blind Tiger on June 16th, so I think I'll go.
Roch, the new Blind Tiger is great. Plenty of room, good beer selection and they are booking terrific bands. Little Feat is coming June 28. And the Tiger has not forgotten their roots; they still host a lot of benefit concerts for very worthy causes and individuals. The Piedmont Blues Preservation Society partnered with the local ALS chapter earlier this year for a benefit at the Blind Tiger. They are a great music venue and they have a big heart. I hope this new location does well for them.
ReplyDelete