Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Carolina Peacemaker needs to come clean

An editorial in the Carolina Peacemaker by editorial board Gabriel Fraire, Afrique I. Kilimanjaro and Bill Howard, says this about the April 15, 2010 Tea Party protest in Greensboro, NC:
"Chants of White Power, the N-word, and threats could be heard some from the stage and others among the audience."
The only place I find a report of the "white power" chant is in an article in the Peacemaker that was wildly inaccurate, written by editorial board member Bill Howard. It does not mention the n-word or threats.

There were numerous media and bloggers on the scene with recording devices, including this blogger, yet not a single video or audio recording has surfaced to substantiate this claim. I certainly heard nothing close to these.

This is a serious allegation. If the Peacemaker is lying to scare people, shame on them -- an apology should be forthcoming. If this happened, then it demands some substantiation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...