Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Sorry Harris Teeter, I'm now shopping the Fresh Market for meat

We are a household of two. Harris Teeter insists on stocking all of their fresh chicken breasts three to a package. That's wasteful for us. It is, in effect, a 50% surcharge over the price of the two I want.

One can no longer find a pound of ground beef either. It's all one and a quarter pounds.

Well good riddance. I now buy meat at The Fresh Market where it is competitive in price and where I can get as much or as little as I want.

2 comments:

  1. I don't shop at the Fresh Market as much since they left Quaker Village, but I also found them to be very competitive if you were careful to buy when they had specials, and their quality superb.
    I confess to shopping at Aldi for a lot of items. They lack glitz and charm, but they truthfully have one of the best business plans in retail in the world. No frills, limited selection, low prices every day. They are the lowest labor overhead food retailer in the country. They are a truly amazing success story worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jon, thanks for the comment. It helps that the Fresh Market is very close, and you are right about shopping their specials and quality. I will have to try Aldi as people keep recommending it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...