What kind of sociopaths occupy jobs in marketing nowadays? I have to wonder because of the brutal contempt for the consumer and
disregard for truthfulness these numbnuts are making hallmarks of modern public relations. This is from Enterprise car rental:
MILEAGE IS UNLIMITED WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES WITH A MAXIMUM OF 3,000 MILES PER MONTH
I wonder if I can inform them that I'll be paying their $250 per week to rent a car up to $20 per day.
It's been that way forever. Basically it's designed so you won't drive too far for them to retrieve it.
ReplyDeleteThey do have the ability to "manually" override it, if you ask in advance (and they're willing).
I don't object to the limit, just them calling it unlimited. It reminded me of Clear's "Average speeds up to 3-6Mbps."
ReplyDeleteIt's as if words have no meaning in context. What does "unlimited" mean if it has a limit? What does an "average" mean if it's also described as an upper range?
It's by design; an attempt to include the "right" words, words they think you'll want to hear, even if they are directly contradictory to what is being described in actuality.