(You know who are great? The folks at the Guilford County Board of Elections. Any time, and there have been many, I've requested information from them, I've received it promptly, politely, completely and without any friction. They are consummate public service professionals.)
With their cooperation, I endeavored to pursue my first attempt at working with Google's new Fusion tables mentioned by Richard Gingras as a new tool for computational journalism.
I've never been able to find a map with sufficient detail and interactivity representing voting precincts in Guilford county. Here is mine, not quite ready for prime time, but a proof of concept. Pan, zoom and click to identify the precinct.
Zoom out. That's the highlight color of the geographic area. It's a default, one that I know how to change now and will when I post an improved version to Greensboro 101.
Why's it all red?
ReplyDeleteZoom out. That's the highlight color of the geographic area. It's a default, one that I know how to change now and will when I post an improved version to Greensboro 101.
ReplyDelete