Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rhino falsehood

John Hammer in the Rhino Times:
"But it is hard to see how an all-black group that endorses candidates who pay a fee for the endorsement and sends its endorsements to voters in predominantly black precincts is ending divisiveness."
Hammer was referring to the Simkins PAC, but the assertion that candidates pay for its endorsements is false. Of the nine candidates reported by John Hammer in the Rhino Times to have received the PAC endorsement in 2009, five made a contribution to the PAC. Clearly candidates are endorsed with and without making contributions to the PAC.

John Hammer did not respond to requests for clarification.

11 comments:

  1. Are you surprised?

    Since when does the Rhino tell the truth. Instead you get half truths and inuendo.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, is the Simkins PAC actually an "all-black group"? There are no white folk in it at all? Maybe there aren't, but words like all, always, never, and none always raise a flag with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, When I met with them, they were all African-American.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Selling one's soul could be considered payment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that report is only till end of june. We still have the next report to come out to see who gave to them in the greensboro election.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "that report is only till end of june."

    What report? I examined the entire 2009 campaign year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dummy me was thinking this election not 2009 report sorry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, OK, no, no, I get where you are coming from. 2011 reports will be instructive, but I still think Hammer went overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One thing to remember I'm that usually PAC show cash on hand but Simkins PAC keeps on putting cd's I
    Into account , o am going to file a report with state to see just how much money they have in pac

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roch, John has obviously enticed you to read his remarks. And that is good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I regularly read the Rhino. Not religiously and not always cover to cover, but the Rhino offers insight into local matters that is itself enough of an enticement.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...