I have not had a cigarette for three years (as of yesterday, actually).
I quit with the help of Chantix, no side effects other than a gradual disappearing of the desire for a smoke until I simply did not want the next cigarette. In my case, I was on it for longer than suggested before quiting and stayed on it for longer than suggested after I quit, but it worked.
Smokers get sick more often, illnesses are more severe and you'll probably die sooner than if you did not smoke with the likelihood that you will live the last part of your life in some diminished condition as a burden to your loved ones. But you know this already.
I know that a life without cigarettes can be unfathomable to a smoker, even the next fifteen minutes can seem impossible. But I was there and now I'm not, not for three years. You can escape too. If you smoke and want to quit, talk to your doctor.
I know how hard it is to quit and I know how good it feels to have finally quit, so congratulations.
ReplyDelete--Brandon Burgess
Thanks!
ReplyDelete