[Update: Fox 8 reports, including identifying the two primary parties: one, the camera man, as head of the Forsyth County Republican Party and former congressional and NC senate candidate Nathan Tabor the other as Govenor Spencer, of Greensboro. Fox8 reports that both men have filed charges against each other.]
A fight erupted at a protest outside of Congressman Mel Watt's office. Joe Guarino says the protesters were from Conservatives for Guilford County. Commentators at Guarino's express doubt the local mainstream media will cover the affray.
[THE VIDEO WAS REMOVED FROM YOUTUBE FOR TERMS OF SERVICE VIOLATIONS]
When did this altercation occur, Roch? Have you seen it on WFMY, Fox 8, Channel 12 News, or read about it in the News & Record? Is Joe wrong? If he is, please post links that local mainstream media thought this was worthy of coverage. I would wager that if someone in the Spirit of the Sit-In group was assaulted, it would be front page on the News & Record and the lead story for at least 3-4 days on News 2.
ReplyDeleteAnd Roch, the guy in the Spirit of 1960 shirt should be arrested. The camera guy was just keeping that jackass away from his wife.
I know this may upset your particular political world view, but it's the truth.
Doc, the only information I have is from Joe's site and Youtube, so I do not know when this occurred, but the video was posted today.
ReplyDeleteIs Joe wrong about what? I do not know what you are asking.
Any word on why the video has been removed for TOS violation?
ReplyDeleteHas the full footage surfaced? Tabor admitted on the news that he confronted Spencer and stood in front of him with his camera. It appeared on the video that has been removed, that Spencer tries to step around Tabor and Tabors wife then blocks his way.
Something doesn't seem right. Fox has seen more footage than us but decided not to show exactly how Tabor ended up between Spencer and his car. I think this detail is essential to determining "who started it".
He confronted Spencer because Spencer pushed his wife. At least that is how I understood it.
ReplyDeleteRoch, there has yet to be any story on this incident in the News & Record or News 2.
Brandon,
ReplyDeleteI do not know why the video was removed. I have a copy in flv format. The only way I know to share that is to put it on my own server, which I do not want to do.
Doc,
The N&R reported that Fox8 was reporting it. Nothing on WFMY as far as I can tell.
Doc, Tabor was blocking Spencer's way to his car before any hands on stuff went down. Tabor and his wife were shoved because they would not let the man get to his car.
ReplyDelete