Monday, June 28, 2010

Awesome powers of observation -- not

Sam Spagnola says a bystander's camera at the Nathan Tabor/Govenor Spencer fray captures the moment Sam described as "Spencer grabbing Tabor's arm by the wrist and elbow and pulling on it."

He offers this images as the moment "the pull" begins.


But this image, of the same moment from Tabor's Camera, is inconvenient to Sam's narrative.


Spencer's hand is empty of Tabor's wrist, elbow or anything.

Sam excuses the contradictory image by saying that the empty hand of Spencer "obviously does not correspond to the time frame I refer to," that "obviously these differing vantage points show a different time." But they are, in demonstrable truth, the same time. If the position of the lady in blue is not convincing enough, Sam misses an indisputable clue -- the audio.

Both of these perspectives correspond with the sound of Tabor saying:
"And don't touch my wife..."
You can see and hear it for yourself. 
  • From Tabor's camera, "And don't touch my wife..." begins at the 1:34 mark. 
  • From the bystander's camera, "And don't touch my wife..." begins at the 1:37 mark."



The images that Sam says show Spencer "clearly tugging on Tabor's arm" are not from "a different time" than the images of empty-handed Spencer. As the identical audio confirms, they are from the same time. 

"I see it the way I see it," Sam says. I am not sure if that is a testament to Sam's ability to resist facts incompatible with his preconceptions or a to his awesome powers of observation.

4 comments:

  1. The longer this quarrel goes on the more I am inclined propose a duel between you and Sam. Super Soakers at 30 paces with indelible ink. Allen Johnson and John Hammer as referees. We could charge admission, in conjunction with a Rhino Schmoozfest, sing "All we are saying is give peace a chance" and donate the proceeds to the United Arts Council. The ink on the pavers in the plaza would then be cordoned off, a plaque placed honoring the abstract art would be titled "Powers of Observation".
    The loser agrees to post only one sentence at a time on any local blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roch leaves out a part of my commentary where I mention that Tabor extends his arm to block Spencer and THEN Spencer grabs it.

    From my post:

    "It appears to me that Tabor extended his arm at close range between Spencer and Tabor's wife (who appears in the first frame). Spencer moved his head back at the sudden movement of Tabor's arm in his face. Spencer then grabbed Tabor's wrist and most likely his elbow and jerked on it."

    At no point did I say Spencer had Tabor by the arm the entire time as Roch implies.

    Jon, you need not worry about that. I'm done engaging Roch. His act has worn thin with just about everyone Left and Right and all points in between at this time.

    It's clear that he is never wrong and anyone who disagrees with him is a liar, moron, idiot or hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. even if Tabor did push Spencer at the time we are discussing, he clearly states "don't push me AGAIN" to Spencer before.

    Roch likes to leave that part out because of his "ideological blindness" and because of his "ability to resist facts incompatible with his preconceptions". This is probably the "most disturbing example of rejecting reality in favor of a politically motivated hallucination".

    The motivation being to discredit his conservative opposition as he watches in anger as his liberal dream is shattered by mainstream America.

    At the end of the day- as I have maintained all along- Spencer's act was not in self-defense and Tabor is unlikely to be found guilty of assaulting Spencer even if he did push him based on the video evidence of the differing motivations of each men.

    Crime requires a mental state. But Roch is smarter than everyone and knows more about the law than anyone, including practicing lawyers.

    If I chose to engage him further, which I do not, I would ask him to wager on the outcome of this case if the parties don't dismiss their claims and it goes to trial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The loser agrees to post only one sentence at a time on any local blog."

    Isn't that all Roch does anyway?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...