I just got one from someone whose name I do not recognize. I would not have known it was from the City but for the domain name of the email address:
Subject Line: FW: new_press_release_format[1]The City sends out several press releases a day, most of them are this cryptic. I will repeat, can it be arranged for David Theall from the Library to give a primer to city press release senders on how to do it? His press releases have a meaningful subject line and the email body contains the press release so that recipients are not required to open a word processing program to read an attachment just to see if the damn thing is of any interest. I mean, really--this is contemptuous of the people the City supposedly has an interest in communicating with.
Body:
From: Grosvenor, Henry
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:40 PM
To: Police WOC
Subject: new_press_release_format[1]
Attachment: new_press_release_format[1].doc
Do you have a fax machine?
ReplyDelete