In the wake of the acquittal of Greensboro police detective Scott Sanders, the (Greensboro) News & Record publishes a Lorraine Ahearn column today. It is a diversion from Ahearn's failings as a reporter entitled "Wray's neighbor: Dogs that didn't bark in the night."
Maybe you would like to comment on it. Too bad, you can't. You can comment on N&R columnist Jerri Rowe's latest column; or Rosemary Roberts'; or Ed Cone's; or Doug Clark's; or Allen Johnson's.
But not Lorraine Ahearn's.
So, are you surprised?
"So, are you surprised?"
ReplyDeleteNo, not in the least.
Ahearn has indeed been "cocooned" since this whole thing blew up in her face save poking her head out of her cave once on JR's blog to try and disparage me. She then retreated and refused to answer questions or participate further in any discussion about her professional performance.
Typical left-wing activist attitude--she's right and the rest of the world is wrong.
I know the left/right divide explains everything for you, jaycee. You do the pursuit of the truth no favors shoehorning your political prejudices into this issue. It is merely a matter or professional standards.
ReplyDeleteAre you trying to say that Lorraine is not a liberal?
ReplyDeleteFocus, jaycee, focus.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was interesting that you couldn't comment on her column. I went to the N&R website
ReplyDelete(www.news-record.com/news/ahearn) and noticed that you could comment on every other column.
She obviously knew that she'd be in for some tough follow-up -- so she shut it down.
I tried to email her to the address on the website. A friendly email asking about the content of "the tapes that were broadcast into Greensboro's living rooms". I also asked what exactly was "the plan" and how it was implemented. I recieved a notice stating the addy was invalid. I'm not suprised. b.B.
ReplyDeleteas an fyi, if anyone is interested, you can now comment on Ahearn's article. Also, her email address has finally been hyperlinked properly. The hyperlinked email address at the bottom of the article prior to today was ahearn@news-record.com instead of lorraine.ahearn@news-record.com .... isn't she just a sly little fox...
ReplyDelete