Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Not dead yet

GREENSBORO, NC -- Just as I was observing that the News & Record seems to have become incurably infected with a preference for the laziest substitutions for journalism, along comes reporter Joe Killian with an exceptional glimmer of hope. In covering the defamation suit by Conservatives for Guilford County against a local blogger, Killian takes a story tailor made for the he said/she said trap, gives each side its due but firmly stakes the story down to the pertinent and independently researched empirical facts. Journalism, not stenography.

Update:: There was an error in the link to the Killian article. It has been corrected.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the compliment.

    I do what I can.

    I'll be taking over the city government beat as of Monday. We'll see how long it takes for that to break me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good news (for all, I hope.)

    You really did a great job with this piece. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took 'em long enough, and my comment to that effect this morning has been deleted, I see. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deleted? Really? I guess that is why they hired a "digital diva."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was the article in the print edition? Because, you know, print's not dead yet!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...