Thursday, November 08, 2012

Time marches on; Bill's Pizza now a memory

"Bill's?"

It was always on the short list for off-campus lunch among my friends at Smith High School. Even before I had my license, good friend Nancy and her AMC Gremlin provided the exhilarating freedom of a thirty minutes of escape. I liked school and even liked the cafeteria food, so it wasn't so much about leaving something behind as it was about getting out in the world, even if it was just down the street.

Among the usual choices, Bill's was a special temptation requiring consideration beyond what to eat. If we chose Bill's we knew we'd get some of the best pizza around. Although we all agreed, and  reaffirmed with a snicker each visit, that the sausage topping looked like rabbit pellets, it was the key to the full enjoyment of a Bill's pizza.

http://www.news-record.com/content/2012/10/11/article/bill_s_pizza_pub_on_high_point_road_closes


1 comment:

  1. The last time I ate there a few years ago the carpet had not been cleaned in years. It was not the place where I wanted to eat any longer.

    Best square pizza in the land!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...