Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Why is the News & Record not on Greensboro 101?

You may have noticed that the News & Record's blogs and news feeds have disappeared from Greensboro 101. Their new site design broke the connections from which Greensboro 101 collected their excerpts and I don't see any updated links to replace them. I've emailed the editors and publisher to inquire about new links and hope to hear back soon.

In the mean time, I've added local TV stations WGHP and News14. These feeds are less than ideal because their "Greensboro" excerpts include stories from well outside this area, but they are still mostly local. WFMY does not provide a feed that does not also include world news and is not included for that reason.

3 comments:

  1. Based on what I've seen so far, the site transition at the N&R has bigger problems than reconnecting to G101 (no offense).

    Busted links. Dummy hedlines. Navigational aids that didn't. I have no inside info, but it looks for all the world like they didn't do a usability test on it before launching.

    What I find really interesting at the moment is that on my phone, the homepage is the desktop homepage, not optimized at all for mobile. I hope for the paper's sake that that's just something that hasn't been implemented yet and not something they deliberately chose not to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, I just wanted to explain in case folks were wondering. They didn't optimize for mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an insult to their hard working staff.

    Oh, and I just learned that hyperlinks don't work in their blogs.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...