Thursday, March 24, 2011

The annual Time Warner Cable dance, in which I bend over...

GREENSBORO, NC -- Today was my annual over-the-phone dance with Time Warner Cable to negotiate my monthly bill for cable TV and Internet access. This year's engagement was started, as always, with TWC attempting to implement an outrageous rate increase. This time, TWC had the audacity to send me a flyer announcing:

We're pleased to extend you (sic) ADDITIONAL SAVINGS...

...followed by a bill with a 50% increase.

Gee! Thanks Time Warner Cable! Any more of your generosity and I'll be in the poor house.

Anyway, after 34 minutes and three customer service representatives, I managed to negotiate a rate that is only 13% higher than last year. They won.

I despise being held hostage by this gouging company with their mediocre service. Good thing the free market has provided me with other options... oh, wait. Never mind.

3 comments:

  1. ROCH..........get dish TV, I have it and I like it. Some people don't like it in bad weather, heavy rains etc, to help minimize that issue just spray the dish with pam you use for cooking. Beau

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've left TWC in the dust too long ago. They lost my vision to DirecTV and a good antenna for the local channels and subchannels. I have AT&T dry-loop DSL for Internet (promo $19.99/mo 12 mos for something close to TWC's "standard" 7mbps down, 368kbps up), and Lingo for home phone (Voip via AT&T DSL). Plus when the promo runs out on the DirecTV just call to say you're quitting and they can give you a cut and pay less.

    As for the rain issue - never tried PAM. Best way is IMO to set the dish up right first time with good line of sight. It has to rain EXTREMELY heavily for me to have no rain fade. If I was really worried about rain fade I'd get a bigger dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet having to call every month to go over you Time Warner bill can be really upsetting. I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having. I wanted to let you know about DISH Network who I subscribe to. I get the lowest all-digital prices in the industry, not to mention HD Free for Life as a qualified customer. As a DISH employee I can even tell you that DISH is rated #1 in Customer Satisfaction among all cable and satellite TV providers. You should check out DishNetwork.com for more info.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...