I think my bona fides as a skeptic are well established, so I don't mind the temporary flack I'm getting for being suddenly sentimental. To hell with it, I'll find reason soon enough to criticize again, but today, this man is my hero:
If you're looking for additional role models, I can honestly say I, too, "can find nothing wrong with saying 'I regret that the shootings took place'." Of course , I would've made the same statement 30 years ago, and wouldn't have required a committee taking two years to formulate that conclusion for me.
Hopefully now the horse is dead, and Robie Perkins got some "suck-up" black votes at the burial. Now one can only hope that Roch will move on to a more important topic.
Yes, moving from considering only the interests of a geographically limited segment of the city to at-large where one must consider all the population may well have had some influence.
Yeah, I got the switch part down okay...I'm trying to figure out what exactly you thought the council should do in acknowledging both the T&R and its findings/suggestions...? And is this what the council REALLY ought to be spending its time on? And if so, why?
Everest, the council had a decision before them, offered to them by a committee of their appointees. I think they made the right decision. Why? Because it was no skin off of anybody's nose and yet had significant importance for others.
I'm sure politics had nothing to do with the enlightened metamorphosis.
ReplyDeleteIf you're looking for additional role models, I can honestly say I, too, "can find nothing wrong with saying 'I regret that the shootings took place'." Of course , I would've made the same statement 30 years ago, and wouldn't have required a committee taking two years to formulate that conclusion for me.
ReplyDeleteHopefully now the horse is dead, and Robie Perkins got some "suck-up" black votes at the burial. Now one can only hope that Roch will move on to a more important topic.
ReplyDeleteOkay, so now Perkins is your hero...why is that exactly? What did he do exactly that you felt took courage, and warranted such praise?
ReplyDeleteEverest,
ReplyDeleteFair question. He changed his mind and moved from wrong to right.
"Fair question. He changed his mind and moved from wrong to right."
ReplyDeletedo you think moving from D3 to at-large had anything to do with his decision?
Yes, moving from considering only the interests of a geographically limited segment of the city to at-large where one must consider all the population may well have had some influence.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I got the switch part down okay...I'm trying to figure out what exactly you thought the council should do in acknowledging both the T&R and its findings/suggestions...? And is this what the council REALLY ought to be spending its time on? And if so, why?
ReplyDeleteEverest, the council had a decision before them, offered to them by a committee of their appointees. I think they made the right decision. Why? Because it was no skin off of anybody's nose and yet had significant importance for others.
ReplyDelete