Saturday, February 09, 2013

"Based on their facebook page?"

News & Record reporter Travis Fain tweets:
Based on their facebook page, these guys were just openly running a $$ poker game at a bar near #UNCG http://t.co/NEkKy2qw #gso
That's some fine investigation there. Far superior to traveling the 1.3 miles from the paper's office to the open-to-the-public gambling parlor any time during the four months it had been open prior to last night's raid and actually reporting on their activities.

But, you know, Facebook!

6 comments:

  1. And to think, his bosses accuse me of sloppy journalism... But hey, I'm not a journalist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I can't understand is why they were allowed to operate in the open for as long as they did. Was it that the city wanted their fees? Did the Cops need to do a BUST for TV Sweeps Month? Was somebody connected working their debts off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... he says without calling Travis Fain to see if maybe a News & Record reporter had in fact visited the bar before the raid. One did. What he saw was consistent with what I found on their facebook page, which was pretty clear in its own right if you clicked through to it. I also spoke to the cops about the place. Twitter is 140 characters, Roch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you'll provide a link to the story, I'll be happy to update the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.news-record.com/home/717957-63/greensboro-taverns-poker-game-raided

    ReplyDelete
  6. I apologize. I thought you were implying that there was a story of the News & Record's investigations made during the months the Parlor was open.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...