Thursday, April 26, 2012

How to lose a voter in two easy steps

Don Wendelken, candidate for Guilford County Commissioner, district 5, did some door to door campaigning in my neighborhood yesterday. A willingness to do that always gets a candidate off on the right foot with me. Shows initiative and sincerity.

Although I missed Don, he left a postcard in the door. It didn't have his campaign website on it, but I found it on Google. Faced with a choice of two tea party conservatives in the primary, I am interested in discerning who between Wendelken and his opponent (who appears to not have a website) is more palatable to this unaffiliated voter. So I sent Don an email, asking:
"Can you give me an example of an issue or issues, a position or positions, on which you separate yourself from ideology -- an issue on which you might say you hold a moderate or pragmatic view that is not inline with partisan expectations?"
Don sent me a polite reply that completely avoided my question. I thanked him and said I wished he had answered my question to which he replied.
"Is there a specific issue you would like to ask me about?"
No, Don. What I wanted to ask you about is what I asked you. Is there a specific reason why I should vote for a candidate who will not answer a direct question?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...