Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WGHP MyFox8 brings local blogger's plight to light

MAYODAN, NC -- A Las Vegas law firm is targeting bloggers for alleged copyright infringement on behalf of the Denver Post and a blogger from Mayodan finds himself caught in their crosshairs. It's a big deal with implications for free speech, fair use and copyright protections that has gone unnoticed by local media and bloggers, until now. Good for WGHP for bringing it to our attention.

1 comment:

  1. The few times I stop by are always good for a chuckle.

    Roch, while I was unaware of this specific case, you might want to CHECK YOUR FACTS with regards to the statement that this is a problem which has gone "un-noticed by local media and bloggers".

    The FACT is that I've blogged extensively on the Stevens Media Group - owners of the Courier Tribune and based in Las Vegas - who have sued a number of people/entites for "copyright infringement" and theft of "intellectual property" - simply because they quoted stories or posted pictures. They've made it a cottage industry.

    Indeed, since the Courier dived behind a paywall late last year, I've had to be very careful in my references to their stories lest I find myself on the wrong end of one of those bogus lawsuits.

    Just another example of my life experience being "irrelevant" to the issues of the day, eh?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...