Thursday, September 02, 2010

Records request foot dragging

 Custodians of public records shall respond to all such requests as promptly as possible.
--
North Carolina law

I made a records request of the City of Greensboro. One of the records provided was an email that refers to an attachment, but I did not receive the attachment. I asked for the attachment. I asked again. Then a third time I asked for it or an explanation of the delay. I am told, it is "being worked on."

Why does a document already in existence and already having been attached to another email need to be worked on?

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps they don't know how to forward you the 'para-sailing donkey video' since they've never had anyone request a "attachment" before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it is the meringue dancing man and dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Define "attachment." LOL

    Sounds like it is now a detachment in need of a re-attachment. That could take some time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...