If you are an incumbent who has represented her constituents well, you run for reelection on your record. If your record is voting with a wildly unpopular president 88% of the time, you run against your opponent. If your opponent is respected and you have no integrity and you think the people you represent are goobers, you run a campaign of deceit, like Elizabeth Dole's.
In early September, Dole launched an ad campaign that said her opponent was known as "Fibber Kay." As the Dole campaign admitted, nobody could be brought forth who actually had taken to calling Kay Hagan "Fibber Kay" nor could they offer any reason why she might be a fibber. The Dole campaign just made it up, with enough disregard for the intelligence of North Carolina voters that they thought they could just fool people with fabrications. Dole thinks you are an idiot.
A few weeks later, Dole wanted you to think that Hagan supports doing away with laws that protect secret ballots for union organizing. So Dole posted an audio clip on her website of Hagan's answer to a question about the subject. Dole edited the clip so that we wouldn't hear the complete (and sensible) answer Hagan gave. The edited clip served Dole's purpose of distorting Hagan's position, but, once again, it showed complete disdain for any desire to actually inform the voters of North Carolina. Instead, the intent was to deceive. Dole thinks you won't notice. Dole thinks you are a nitwit.
And now we have the latest Dole ad where Dole claims Hagan attended a "secret meeting." The Dole campaign itself took note of this meeting before it happened in a public press release. But "secret" is scarier than "previously announced" and Dole doesn't care if you are deceived. She thinks you are a dolt. The ad ends with a picture of Kay Hagan on the screen and a voice that sounds a lot like Hagan (but is not) saying, "There is no God." Dole knows Hagan didn't say this, but Dole thinks she can get away with deceiving the people of North Carolina. Dole thinks you are a dimwit.
I am no fan of Kay Hagan. I've found plenty for which to be critical of Hagan. I had thought I would skip voting in this race or possibly vote for the Libertarian candidate. Not now. North Carolina has a choice between a newcomer who has some things to learn about preparation and effective communication or a politician who is so unsure of her accomplishments and so desperate that she resorts to deceiving the people she is supposed to represent, thinking them to be oblivious goobers. Hagan is the promise of something better. Dole is the guarantee of something contemptuous and despicable.
If you are an incumbent who has represented her constituents well, you run for reelection on your record. If your record is voting with a wildly unpopular president 88% of the time, you run against your opponent. If your opponent is respected and you have no integrity and you think the people you represent are goobers, you run a campaign of deceit, like Elizabeth Dole's.
ReplyDeleteRoch will you give me some specific examples of those 88% legislation's that was generated by GWB and voted on by Liz Dole that was not also voted on by the rest of Congress. I look forward to your answer. Beau
Roch, by the way I'm no big fan of Liz Dole either and I've e-mailed her to let her know what I thought of her in the Senate. I think during these troubled times she is missing in action, but on the other hand I don't think Kay Hagan is Mother Teresa and from what I learned about her, she is a mindless lock stepped robotic Democrat, therefore Dole gets the lesser of two evils vote. Beau
ReplyDelete"Roch will you give me some specific examples of those 88% legislation's that was generated by GWB and voted on by Liz Dole that was not also voted on by the rest of Congress."
ReplyDeleteBeau, I think all of those bills were probably voted on by the rest of congress, but you can get more information by clicking on the link in the original post.