One of the things I found puzzling about the response to our request for the results of the polygraph administered to Greensboro City Council members was being told, as I was, that there are no written results. Because the whole endeavor seemed incredibly silly to me to begin with, I just figured the silliness included giving someone who might have lied to a polygraph examiner the opportunity to lie about the results of the polygraph. As if we might hear, "I took the polygraph, and I was found to be deceptive..." Right.
As I was looking through the documents I received yesterday, I found a summary of a polygraph examination administered to Randal Brady by a contractor for RMA. Its layout seemed formulaic -- as if these kinds of summaries are standard practice. It raised two questions in my mind:
1. Where are the other polygraph summaries conducted as part of RMA's investigation into the administration of the police department under David Wray?
2. Is it possible that such written summaries were provided for the council polygraphs and the person who has them is unaware of our records request and/or is it possible that the examiner retained such written records and they can yet be retrieved by the city?
The summaries are obviously in James Hinson's personnel file, and as such, not subject to FOI requests.
ReplyDelete